Monday, January 27, 2014

Colder Than the Arctic

Observation time: 12:45 pm

Precipitation: None
Sky conditions: Clear
Wind: 14 mph from the West
Temperature: -11 degrees

A wind chill map from weather.com shows that almost all of the country is dealing with wind chill effects today
Today's Rant

There is nothing else to say except BRRRRRR! I really can't describe it any other way. In fact, a news report I was watching this morning claimed that we were actually colder this morning than places north of the Arctic Circle! I was dead on with my predictions from yesterday (unfortunately) as we have cloudless skies and wicked winds driving our "feels like" temperatures down below -30! The Great Lakes region is stuck in this relentless cycle of cold air that is even forcing schools and some businesses to shut down for safety. I however, will be heading out the door in just a couple of hours to attend class. Lucky me...

Forecast for Tomorrow

With the wind forecast being about the same as it was for today, I can't expect anything other than what we have seen today. I expect clear skies and frigid temperatures to continue, and wind chills will likely stay dangerously low, especially overnight and tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment