Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Snowy Morning

Observation time: 11:35 am

Precipitation: None
Sky conditions: Overcast
Wind: 10 mph from the West
Temperature: 11 degrees

The DOT camera at the I-94/US-53 interchange shows some slick roads following last night's snowfall
Today's Rant

This is about the only time that I can stand cold weather: when it snows. This is what makes all the suffering worth while to me. Outside my apartment this morning I woke up to around 1.5-2 inches of fresh fluffy snow. I was not expecting this as neither I nor the other forecasts I looked at called for it. Yesterday I predicted less wind and slightly warmer temperatures, and I was correct. We are up about 8 degrees from this time yesterday with only about half as much wind, although the wind chill still hovers right around zero.

Forecast for Tomorrow

I expect another cold, dry day tomorrow as winds are supposed to continue coming from the northwest at about 10-20 mph. With the potential for winds that high, it is possible we could see some pretty cold temperatures and dangerous wind chills. Bundle up going to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment