Observation time: 5:20 pm
Precipitation: Icy mix
Sky conditions: Overcast
Wind: 7 mph from the northeast
Temperature: 33 degrees
Today's Rant
Today started out alright, but by mid-morning we began to see a light mist in the air here in Eau Claire. The moisture never really stopped falling, turning to a light rain in the early afternoon, and most recently, ice and snow as I write this report. We have a very borderline temperature, and have most of the day as well, which is contributing to the mixture of precipitation. We also have low pressure right on top of us today, a sight that has been somewhat rare since winter started. Although it is snowing at the moment, it isn't really sticking to the ground, and shouldn't amount to anything in terms of accumulation. So no worries there. What I did see while I was out a while ago was the beginning of some flooding, mainly in low-lying, paved areas. We had such a deep freeze this winter that it isn't really much of a surprise that any more moisture we see now really has nowhere to go.
Forecast for Tomorrow
Winds will continue from the north tomorrow, which should keep us dry. Wind chill should not be much of a factor however, so temperature should remain somewhat steady with what we saw today, and yesterday for that matter. I don't expect to see temperatures below freezing, and if we get lucky we may push around 40 degrees. Overall, I expect a much calmer day, with not a whole lot of action to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment