Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring Break Begins

Observation time: 9:10 pm (eastern time)
Location: Nokomis, FL

Precipitation: None
Sky conditions: Clear
Wind: Calm
Temperature: 66 degrees

As is custom, today I have included a temperature image to brag to those of you back home. As you can see, even though it is now dark here, it is STILL 40 degrees warmer than it is in Wisconsin! A big thanks goes out to the oceans for helping to regulate the temperatures down here year-round.


Today's Rant

Today was the nicest day I have seen since summer, although it certainly didn't occur in Eau Claire. I am reporting from sunny Nokomis, Florida, tonight. I am located about an hour south of Tampa for reference. It was a beautiful sunny day here in southwest Florida, with high pressure in control (at least near me) and highs in the upper 70's. There really isn't too much to report on, as we saw no precipitation and very few clouds as well. My most interesting observation of the day came when I was on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico. It was completely clear (and I mean REALLY clear) out where we were in the water, but there were clouds that seemed to start right at the shoreline, and extended along the coast. I am not exactly sure what to make of it as I write this, but I will likely look into it and see if this is a common occurrence that people have written about elsewhere. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but it seemed so precise that I felt it was worth noting.

Forecast for Tomorrow

This is going to be a fun forecast! It should be MUCH warmer than it will be in Eau Claire, with winds coming at me from the south and the ocean. It will be gusty, but wind chill is a non-factor down here. I expect temperatures to be fairly similar to today based on the similar conditions, although you never really know in Florida. Storms can pop out of nowhere, especially during the afternoon as you have to consider the much more moist air here, as well as the hot temperatures building up all day long, much like they do in the summer in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment