Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Clear Skies Strike Again

Observation time: 10:50 am

Precipitation: None
Sky conditions: Clear
Wind: 9 mph from the north
Temperature: 21 degrees


Today we are seeing a lot of high pressure around the country, with the exception of the east coast. This makes for slightly colder temps. here, but bodes well for my upcoming drive to Florida, which starts tomorrow.


Today's Rant

Over the past few weeks we probably would have been cheering for a 21 degree morning, but today is actually to coldest day we are going to see all week! We have been spoiled over the last few days, reaching the 40's and even breaking 50 degrees one day. Winds have shifted around a bit and are coming back at us from the north once again, which has cleared the skies and allowed some of our heat to escape. Luckily, the actual wind speed has stayed somewhat low and hasn't allowed the wind chill to be come a huge factor at this point. Expect some different kinds of updates from me over the next week and a half as I take off for spring break and head to Florida.

Forecast for Tomorrow

As I head out on my trip, things will start out warm here in Eau Claire. With winds swinging around and coming from the south, we have the makings for another very nice day. I am making the 20+ hour drive to the Tampa, FL, area and with a stroke of luck it appears that I will be met with a lot of high pressure along the way. Judging by the current locations of fronts and air masses in the U.S., I expect to experience similar temperatures to what we are seeing here until I at least get south of Tennessee. Then things should really warm up quick, as Florida almost always has a nice mild temperature thanks to regulation from the oceans.

No comments:

Post a Comment